The 4th International Conference on Chinese Immersion Programs
Join Virtual ICCIP
November 6 -7, 2020
7:00 PM -11:00 PM US Eastern Time
https://form.jotform.com/tao0327/ciau-nccip (Click here to register or/and submit proposal)
(No registration fee)
Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, the onsite International Chinese Language Conference scheduled for November at Alfred University, New York will be moved online to bring together educators during this unprecedented time.
Virtual ICCIP 2020
7:00PM – 11：00 PM EST
Theme: Teaching and Learning Chinese in Context: Developing Students’ Communicative Competence
Topics for the conference:
• Student-centered language teaching
• Content-based language instruction
• Immersion approach
• Communicative interactions, skills and strategies
• Cross-cultural communication
• Classroom management in the North America
• Link theories with practice
• Policy and administration in Chinese as a foreign language Others
Proposal submission deadline: 08/31/2020
Acceptance announcement: 09/15/2020
Format of the Proposal（proposals and papers should be in English）
1. Applicant's name
2. Title of proposed research project
3. Abstract of the proposal (Maximum 250 words)
Provide the relevant background information and explain the motivation for your study.
5. Objectives and hypotheses to be tested
6. List (using bullet points) the aims/objectives of the study and, where relevant, specify the hypotheses to be tested.
7. Literature review
8. Discuss the key publications in the proposed research area.
9. Materials and methods
10. Explain how you intend to undertake the research. There is no need to describe experimental approaches or analyses in detail: an indication of the approach to be adopted (with citation of sources) is adequate in most cases.
11. Anticipated outcome and value of the research
12. Explain the likely significance of your research and how it will impact the research field.
13. Literature cited
14. Provide bibliographic details of all references cited, adopting a standardized format.
Overview of Schedule
|7:00pm-7:30 pm||Welcome Speech/opening speech|
|7:30 pm-9:30 pm||Keynote Address A & B & C|
|9:30 pm-9:45 pm||Video show of Chinese immersion class|
|9:45 pm-11:00 pm||Presentation I & II|
|7:00 pm-9:00 pm||Keynote Address D & E & F|
|9:00 pm-10:15 pm||Presentation III & IV|
|10:15pm-10:45 pm||Panel Discussion|
|10:45 pm-11:00 pm||Closing Remarks|
Contact info: email@example.com